Logo

Opinion on Bedford Deisels

R

rob woodward

I have a bedford diesel engine

I have a bedford diesel engine and would very much like to get a service manual for it. Please call me collect at 1-604-538-3387 if you get an answering machine please leave your number. Thank you very much.

"Rob,
I don't know your e

"Rob,
I don't know your email address, but we do have a manual for the 466 cid Bedford Diesel, here.
Regards, Andrew"

" Andrew or Rob,

Do U have

" Andrew or Rob,

Do U have any info on Bedford diesel 300 CID (or maybe 330 CID. I have 2 semi assembled 300 CID engines "

"Bill, I have a 100 hp, 300 cu

"Bill, I have a 100 hp, 300 cu in Bedford in my converted fishboat (built in 69). The engine runs very well but I since I only bought it last year I have no idea of its history. I run it at 1800 rpm and get about 7-8 knots at less than 2 gallons per hr. Runs quite smoothly for an old-timer. I have the basic engine manual (not a shop repair manual). There is a company in Prince Rupert, British Columbia that has parts for them.

If you would like a copy of the manual, drop me a line at [email protected]
Neil"

"HI fellow's
JOHN HAAK

"HI fellow's
JOHN HAAKMAN FROM AUSTRALIA. I picket up a unfinished 60ft steel yacht.with a 2'n hand bedford 6 cl diesel engine in it. model OB5,
It has also these numbers on it, elo4 , elo9 ,e200 ,e206 .e207 'e211 'e212 .
IT HAD BEEN PUT IN ABOUT 12 YEARS AGO, and had not been started sins
I got it started ,3 time's in qiuck burst's, because I had no water running thru it, then the third time after a few minutes it started to squeal. it sounded good when it was running.
If any body has any information on this motor,or where I can get information on this engine, I would apricate greatly. JOHN
If anyone has any books on the motor,great.
my email is [email protected]"

"John,

I am not sure what m

"John,

I am not sure what model Bedford you have... there should be a GM nameplate on the engine with a serial number. If you can supply the serial number we can detirmine the engine specifics. Basically if the serial number begins with:
<UL>[*]A = 220/330 cubic inch [*]B = 466 cubic inch [*]C = 500 cubic inch</LI>[/list]

We have manuals for the 220, 330, and 466.

See if you can get more info and post it...

Regards,
Andrew"

" Andrew,
Sorry that

" Andrew,
Sorry that I did not writed you back sooner, I was waiting for a email. Today I was looking for Your email, and there was your notice.
I found out this weekend that the motor is a bedford 330, and allso this weekend I found a motor the same as mine, complety overhaul,a bloke overhauled it for his CONCRETE fishing boat, when it fellover, now he is going to use the boat for land fill.
I though spare part's, I will need, if I will be going around the world In a couple of years. ?
So Andrew, I would appre'ciate any manual's or information on the bedford 330.
let me know if I can do anything for you down under.
John "

Andrew the s/o on the engine

Andrew the s/o on the engine is 624741 / p12 50L

John

Andrew the s/o on the engine

Andrew the s/o on the engine is 624741 / p12 50L

John

" I do have Service and Parts

" I do have Service and Parts manuals for the GM Bedford 330 engine. I will send you an email.
Regards,
Andrew "

"I have a bedford 500 diesel e

"I have a bedford 500 diesel engine and desperately need to get a manual for it. If anyone has or knows of where I can get one, the information would be greatly appreciated. I can be contacted via email : [email protected].

Kind Regards
Stephen"

Re: "Rob, I don&#39;t know your e

Hi Is this thread still active.
I have a bedford 466 (i believe) and i am trying to find a service manual. I want to rebuild some of the engine. liner, piston rings etc.
If anyone has a manual i would love a copy sent to hussain.saeed @ recyclingtechnologies dot com

Also this is all the info i have recovered off the engine. Can someone help me identify if it is a 466 or a 500 please

The injector design number is :
BKBL87S5189
DES no : 5225401

The engine code is : PN 883 043 / 710 789
Engine letter : J Second Number : 70

"Rob,
I don't know your email address, but we do have a manual for the 466 cid Bedford Diesel, here.
Regards, Andrew"

Back