Logo

What is PULSE

• Thread starter Jiles Collinsworth
  • Start date
J

Jiles Collinsworth

" My FIRST post. I am looking

" My FIRST post. I am looking at several tachometers on E-Bay. None of the sellers can tell me if their tachometer will work on my motor. They tell me the PULSE settings, but that means nothing to me. What pulse setting should the tach. have to work on a 1985 Johnson 40 H.P. TWO cylinder motor? ----THANKS--- "

" Dear Joe: I need to replace

" Dear Joe: I need to replace the existing powerhead on my 1988 15 hp Johnson due to bad(?)lower cylinder compression: 115psi top cyl./90psi low, cyl. -after 3 decarb. proceedures. I would like to perform this work myself, but since I have not had any experience doing this, I am wondering if this is a practical idea, and how difficult it would be for an amature with some mechanical ability to do the work> My basic question is how long should it take to do the work?, and if you could offer some suggestions as to parts required, special tools etc,and or recommendations on how to proceed . Also, my exhaust/ rubber motor mounts need to be replaced, and I intend to do this at the same time. Any response would be appreciated, Thanks Art "

"Jiles..... For a tachometer t

"Jiles..... For a tachometer to work properly with your engine, the engine would need to have a alternator charging system. OMC's battery charging systems emit a six (6) "Pulse" output and the tachometer would need to be able to be set at the "6" pulse setting via a dial on the back of it.
-----------

Arthur...... Click on the "Home" at the left of this page, then click on "Books & Engine Manuals", then "Evinrude Johnson". That will lead you into the manual section. Purchase a manual for your engine which will guide you through anything you need to know.

Joe
"

Back