Logo

Flooded 318 crys

T

Tog Boat

" manifold exhaust boot devolp

" manifold exhaust boot devolped a crack ,i mean hole , water fillled compartment . why oh why did i let some one else hook up batery and not check to see if they hooked up bilge pump . but any way i was lucky and port didnt get flooded but the starboard engine did . i drained it and new oil in it . it started right up so i shut it off and wont run it till i get answer from engine guru now is there some thing i should do like an oil flush agent or would another oil change be enuff . obtw it was fresh clean not muddy water not salt water either . any suggestions would be apperciated "

" If it started and ran, conti

" If it started and ran, continue to do so at low speeds, stopping to check oil frequently. If oil appears milky or frothy, drain, relace filter, add new oil and filter and repeat until oil stays OK. Good Luck, Kim "

I have heard from several sou

I have heard from several sources that Marvel Mystery Oil will help remove the water from the crankcase. I tried it and it seemed to help. The water/oil emulsion collects in the valve covers and from my experience is not removed by oil changes. Remove and clean the valve covers.

My 1977 chrysler 318 engine w

My 1977 chrysler 318 engine won't trun over. The block won't trun. It ran last year. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME? The fish are bitting and I'm stuck.

" Kevin, will be glad to help

" Kevin, will be glad to help but need more info. You say the engine wont turn over. Is this to say the starter wont turn it or it wont turn by trying to rotate engine by hand. Was it properly winterized? Will it turn by hand if all spark plugs are removed? Give me more info and we will try to help. Kim "

Back