Logo

Winterizing

joe

Regular Contributor
where on a 1993 c25 yamaha is

where on a 1993 c25 yamaha is the hole where you put the winterizing in?

" Joe,

Since no-one h

" Joe,

Since no-one has answered, I have no idea where the hole is or if there is a hole, check your user manual - that should have it. You can allways spray it in through the carb though; with mine (different engines, no-holes) I warm it on a flush attachment, and then spray the fogger into carbs at just enough idle so it doesn't stall. After about 1/2 can, I kill the engine; pull out plugs, pull mob switch so no fire and spray a little in each cylinder. Turn the engine over to disperse and then re-install plugs. With a 2 cylinder, more like 1/4 can would probably do it.

Jon "

" thanks for replying..i looke

" thanks for replying..i looked in my service manual, and it says this and that, and in the end i have about 4 oz. of oil in the carbs is the way they say to winterize it..i think its 2 oz. in the carbs and about 1 oz. in each plug hole until the motor stalls..but wouldnt that jus gunk up the carbs for next year? "

" If the "oil" you are

" If the "oil" you are speaking of is fogging oil made for winterizing, and you are spraying into the carb throats as the engine's running etc, no that's not going to harm a thing. Carbs get gunked up either by actual dirt, or garbage that gets in with the fuel, or by fouling from varnish left when fuel evaporates. The manufacturers recomend actually removing and draining carbs to winterize, which will prevent fouling etc.. that's your call, I just stabilize the fuel before the last time I run my engines and haven't had a problem yet. The fogger just gets on the outside surfaces of the carb throat and will be cut by fuel anyhow.

Jon "

" No, this is not fogging oil,

" No, this is not fogging oil, the book says to take a about 2 oz. of Two cycle yamalube and put it in the carbs, then about an oz. of yamalube in each cylinder or untill the engine stalls out...thats why i was thinking it would gum up the carbs "

" Odd.. It might be that the &

" Odd.. It might be that the "yamalube" they are selling is just expensive fogging lube in a bottle. If they recommend it, it's couldn't possibly hurt.

Jon "

Back