Logo

Who manufactured the Pacer 320 427 CI

ted

Contributing Member
" We are trying to identify th

" We are trying to identify the manufacturer of our 44' 1967 Pacemaker's engines. They are original equipment and are gasoline; V8 O.H.V.; 427 C.I., 320 HP @4000 RPM; 8.8:1 Compression ratio; 130 PSI cranking compression. Also, any leads on finding a service manual would be appreciated. "

" During this time frame, both

" During this time frame, both GM and Ford made a 427. Most likely it is a Ford 427 Interceptor, as they marinised a lot of these motors. Check for casting numbers or serial nos. on block, manifolds, etc and hit the internet. Some good mechanics (who were working on cars in the 60's and 70's) may be able to ID the motor by its looks. Good luck, and let us know what you find, Kim PS What color is the motor??? GM used red/orange and Ford used blue, but this is not a sure thing, just a helping hint. "

" Just a quick simple thing, i

" Just a quick simple thing, is that the Fords had a front mounted distributor. Chevys not.
Peter "

Another way to tell is that C

Another way to tell is that Chevrolet valve covers were on the head only. The Ford covered the head and part of the intake manifold

Re: " We are trying to identify th

" We are trying to identify the manufacturer of our 44' 1967 Pacemaker's engines. They are original equipment and are gasoline; V8 O.H.V.; 427 C.I., 320 HP @4000 RPM; 8.8:1 Compression ratio; 130 PSI cranking compression. Also, any leads on finding a service manual would be appreciated. "

I need a piston for a Pacer Marine Engine - a '69 427 Chevy. It's a low domed piston. Any ideas?

Back