Logo

383 mpi storage questions

Rscottdds

Regular Contributor
I have a new 383 still in the break in period. I think I only have 7hrs on it. Being winter I don’t get out that often so was wondering if it’s sitting (it’s out of the water on a trailer) should I start it every once in awhile or just wait until I’m going to use it again? They say not to idle it very long during break in so not sure if I should run it on muffs just to start it. Thanks for any help.
Robert

Btw I’m in SoCal so it doesn’t get below freezing if that matters, although it’s gotten to 39 a few nights lately. It’s almost 70 as I type this.

Last edited:
I have a new 383 still in the break in period. I think I only have 7hrs on it. Being winter I don’t get out that often so was wondering if it’s sitting (it’s out of the water on a trailer) should I start it every once in awhile or just wait until I’m going to use it again? They say not to idle it very long during break in so not sure if I should run it on muffs just to start it. Thanks for any help.
Robert

Btw I’m in SoCal so it doesn’t get below freezing if that matters, although it’s gotten to 39 a few nights lately. It’s almost 70 as I type this.
It will be fine no worries. No need to do anything

my only concern would be fuel spoilage and freeze protection … but not where u are and it probably will not sit long enough to bunk the fuel

Back