Logo

bravo 3 outdrive/ water in bellows after transom service

chs

Contributing Member
hey Guys, i got a problem. last spring i did an overhaul to a bravo set up and had to replace the gimbal bell housing due to a previous hack cutting into it and compromising the integrity( thats a whole different story).
anyways, i drained the drive this fall and found water in the drive so i pulled the drive off and found water in the bellows as well. now, when i did the repair last spring i had to replace the bellhousing with the updated bell which has the updated designed water intake hose. not that that should matter but i wanted to give all pertinent information. i used all mercruiser parts and although i have not spent a lot of time inspecting it, i wanted to put it out there to see if there are any thoughts on the matter. the water was clean, no oil detected.

before i go, i want to say, i do many many bellows jobs each year so i doubt is it something obvious but nobodies perfect..... except my mom :)
:D

Bellows not installed correctly, bellows not glued on to transom side, bellow not inserted correrctly into gell housing to accept the alum sealing ring, a very high bilge level.

Back