Logo

1993 7.4 mercruiser bravo

Duce

Hi new here so any help would be useful thank you in advance
so I had my 93 7.4 bravo rebuilt by a machine shop so when I took this boat for a sea trial for first time last summer it was leaking antifreeze out of the head gasket in back of engine on both sides. So reported this to the builder and they came to my boat removed everything and took heads back to there shop shaved them a little and put everything back together to have it leak again. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else driving me crazy.

IF its really a 1993 engine, it could be a GenV block and the should could have used rebuild MarkIV heads...which could have caused this issue...

without knowing the details of what was done or seeing it first hand, its only speculation on my part...

IF its really a 1993 engine, it could be a GenV block and the should could have used rebuild MarkIV heads...which could have caused this issue...

without knowing the details of what was done or seeing it first hand, its only speculation on my part...

Makomark it is a gen v and gen v heads it was a complete rebuild and complete valve job they are using felpro head gaskets for marine. The block was bored .30 over also with new bearings and cam and lifters all new

That can happen if you don’t clean out the threads for the head bolts in the block. I replaced the heads on my 4.3 five years ago and cleaning up the sealing surface of the block & all 26 head bolt threads in the block took hours. Used a razor blade carefully for the block (no rotary tools) and a thread chaser for the threads. Also used Fel Pro marine gaskets & no leaks no water in the oil or cyls…and replaced all the cyl head bolts with ARP head bolts.

Back