Logo

Engine whines on idle BF225

nkarataev

Hi everyone,

My boat was sitting for 1.5 month and now I have weird sounds and it's going from the middle block. Sometimes it's very loud.

I took a video -

Did anybody has such problem?

Thank you!

I tried to remove lower unit to check bearings, got 6 nuts and extra one under trim tab. It went off in about 8inch down and drive shaft stuck and doesn't move down anymore. I used 2001 manual and don't know what I missed to loose. Anybody knows what's the problem? ((( Gear shaft disconnected.

The whine is coming from the drive shaft support bush in the mid section. I'm guesding the brass bush has siezed and catching on the rubber support. This may necessitate removing the whole lower of complete in order to get it apart.

The whine is coming from the drive shaft support bush in the mid section. I'm guesding the brass bush has siezed and catching on the rubber support. This may necessitate removing the whole lower of complete in order to get it apart.

Thank you for your answer.

Is there only one bush in the bottom of middle section or something else? I have a problem to remove lower unit. Drive shaft stuck.

IMG_5741.jpg

Finally I got it out. It was a salt on the drive shift. A lot of salt. And bush was bad. It was a problem to get bush out too. I just cut it with a saw. Now I am waiting for new one... Thank you!

Hi, I am assuming you pulled the gearbox down until the whole assembly came loose.
I presume the bushing was released from the leg housing and was on the driveshaft which was caked up with salt , hence you sawed it off and will replace it with a new one.
It’s good practice I think to wipe some grease on the drive shaft.
Good luck.

Back