Logo

Nissan NS50D intermittent spark issues

Livn4thehunt

Morning,

I have had an intermittent spark problem. If it has spark it runs great and generally will restart just fine. I've replaced the kill switch and the ignition recently. I've found that on the CDI box there is a black with yellow stripe wire that comes out of the cdi with a quick connect and simply loops back into the cdi box. When I disconnect this loop, I get perfect spark and boat fires up. Connect it back and it's hit or miss again on startup as to having fire. Does anybody know the exact details of this loop wire and what needs looked at with these indicators? Can the wire be left disconnected for now without hurting anything? When the loop is disconnected, the motor still kills by the kill switch or by turning the key off as designed. The motor has previously had the oil injection deleted. Thanks for any help offered! I've looked for quite a while trying to find the answer and need some help.

Also, it still will not start if I just disconnect the brown kill switch wire at CDI. It has to be the black with yellow stripe wire for it to fire.

Back