Logo

power trim and tilt for a Mercury model 650

tgeers

Hi Guys
In the past you have been very helpful in keeping my 1972 Mercury 3cyl 2stroke 65Hp running. I appreciate it.

Now I want to add a power trim and tilt to this motor. I have to launch in very shallow water and I'm too old to manually tilt the motor. It has never had one, so my first question is, can one be added? If so, does anyone know where I could find a part number? And finally, if one can be added where would I look to find one? None of the part schematics I've found have a power trim shown. The motor runs too good to give up for something new. At 78 years old, I know this 50 year old motor is all I'll ever need.
Thanks again for your help

Yes it can be added.-----Fairly common system.-------Your location ?

Racerone,
You've helped me in the past. Thanks again for coming to my aid once more.
I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. The motor goes on a 16.5' starcraft.
If you have an idea where the parts can be found and a possible part number, that would be super helpful. I have a mechanic that is beyond excellent in working on these old motors.

Just curious, does your name have anything to do with auto racing? I used to race corvettes.

Sailboat racing.-----Click on the----- " engine diagrams"----Then accessories -----Just click until you find the one for your motor.-----I have some parts here ( 6 hrs or so north of you) , but shipping is an issue.

Back