Logo

Flywheel damper plate

bcclew

Regular Contributor
1976 CRUSADER 5.7 DOES anyone know how many splines there is in the damper plate? i see 26 seems to be most popular. I would like to have the damper plate so when i lift motor i can just put new one on and drop motor back down.thanks for any help

1976 CRUSADER 5.7 DOES anyone know how many splines there is in the damper plate? i see 26 seems to be most popular. I would like to have the damper plate so when i lift motor i can just put new one on and drop motor back down.thanks for any help
this has velvet drive 71c or 72c

i should have asked this first one of the damper springs come out.and knocked timing plug out.found plug and spring laying on top of starter. the spring is bent so it was flying around in there.now that its out what about still useing boat the way it is? i looked inside with a bore scope camera the rest are in tacked just wondering thanks again

you can use it if you want...being as the first spring came free, the others won't be far behind.

Just remember what can happen if the spring winds up between the ring gear and the flywheel housing...

yea i know just looking that easy way out thanks for the come back I'll end up sliding engine forward and change it stay safe

The only 'easy way out' I know of is to sell the boat and then rent one when you get the urge or your former dock mates didn't invite you along...:)

The only 'easy way out' I know of is to sell the boat and then rent one when you get the urge or your former dock mates didn't invite you along...:)

images

Back