Logo

Exhaust bellow and power trim leaks

Moorecat

Image.jpeg

Image2.jpeg
Hi, I am very green to mercruiser engines or any engine for that matter. I have found a couple of leaks on my new boat and would really appreciate some help.

The first leak from the exhaust bellow. The rubber looks out of shape so assume needs replacing? Question is is it an easy job, just remove and replace with new exhaust clamps?

Second leak from power trim fluid reservoir. Is this likely to just need new reservoir?

Engines are 350mpi.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
The rubber exhaust coupling is probably going to need replacement. On the trim hoses, it's difficult to say whether those are bad, or if the fittings on the pump are loose. I would say to dry off the hoses, check the fittings, then run the trim up and down to see if it still leaks. If it is the hoses, new ones are in order.

Last edited:
The first leak from the exhaust bellow. The rubber looks out of shape so assume needs replacing? Question is is it an easy job, just remove and replace with new exhaust clamps?

Second leak from power trim fluid reservoir. Is this likely to just need new reservoir?

Ayuh,..... I'd just tighten the hose clamps on the exhaust coupler,..... don't look that bad to me,.....
That can sometimes be an odd fittin' joint,....

The trim pump, I believe has a big o-ring, where the pump meets the tank,.....
'n I think the bolt that holds the tank, comes up through the bottom,....
Could be a loose bolt,....

Back