Logo

popin outa gear

RKL-24 = 62 40hp electramatic. at WOT it 'pops outa gear' i put it in neutral an back in gear its good for a bit but seems to be getting worse. reverse seems to be fine. now it needs fixin, starting disassembly for inspection, ive got you guys and the seloc manual, what am i lookin for? thanks ahead of time hopin to get it fixed by next week. FYI NOTE: this engine and boat are in garage kept very clean original owner cond for whatever thats worth. :)

Last edited:
They used to say----" Need a new spring and hub ".------It has been discussed at length on this site and others as to how you can repair it.----As long as it has not been abused !----I discovered / developed the technigue about 45 years ago.

They used to say----" Need a new spring and hub ".------It has been discussed at length on this site and others as to how you can repair it.----As long as it has not been abused !----I discovered / developed the technigue about 45 years ago.

ok, I was just looking at the exploded view, i see what your talking about, i could see over time if that spring gets week or starts to break its gonna slip, ill see if i can find the old discussion also. going to start at the switch in the remote and make sure of its function and go from there ill let you know what i find, i appreciate the help.

ok, I was just looking at the exploded view, i see what your talking about, i could see over time if that spring gets week or starts to break its gonna slip, ill see if i can find the old discussion also. going to start at the switch in the remote and make sure of its function and go from there ill let you know what i find, i appreciate the help.

Wise plan. Always make sure the electrical part is good before tearing into the lower unit.

Back