Logo

Identifing a supposidly vacuum hose.

Estam

1995 Boston Whaler Rage 115/turbojet
Reaching out to anyone that could help me identify a small hose that is connected to the top side of a 115hp. The hose connects to the starboard side of the #2 head close to the main harness plug and socket. The other end is hanging off, it is the one with the yellow tie and have just put it there show.
The hose is long enough to connect anywhere around the front of the engine just can identify where it goes.
Can anyone suggest what it is and where it goes.
Many thanks.

Sorry, totally unable to figure out the uploading of a picture, press "add file" browse and upload - show loading and nothing.

Thanks guys, Found a small protrusion that actually looked like a tire pressure relief valve under the carb, very small tube and the hose actually fitted over it. The hose ID was actually smaller that it appeared so all is well so far.

The one problem I've been having with this new boat is when I finally get it started it smokes like nothing else. It's a hard starter and wondering if it's a combination rich or too much choke. It seems to need choke to start and as it tries to start and chugs I push for choke for a second and seems to help but the smoke is too much. Once I go for a short run it seems to lean out and not so much a problem.

What adjustments should I be aware of, she idles on the low side around 850 rpm which seems to low. The carb is hard to see on this model, any pointers would be appreciated.

Many thanks...

Thanks, it's not a schrader valve, it's just what it looked like. It's the only port i can see that the hose fits. It though me due to being so small.
I would really like your opinion on my smoking issue. It had a vro but not sure that's the direction I should be going in.

Having problems uploading pictures. Someone mentioned the file could be too large, what is the maximum size of a pic file that can be uploaded.

The original fuel pump was inside that can.------This outboard powerhead needs to comply with coastguard guidelines / rules for an inboard engine.

Can I ask you what you mean by original pump, don't I have the original pump?
Why isn't the original pump still inside that can?

Can I ask why you mentioned this comment;
This outboard power head needs to comply with coastguard guidelines / rules for an inboard engine.

I've been around boats for over 40 years and totally understand, just didn't understand why you mentioned it.

Thanks...

Can I ask you what you mean by original pump, don't I have the original pump?
Why isn't the original pump still inside that can?

Can I ask why you mentioned this comment;
This outboard power head needs to comply with coastguard guidelines / rules for an inboard engine.

Back