Logo

Find a non vro fuel pump for my 2000 Johnson M# J130 PLSSS

2000 fundeck

Looking for help finding a fuel pump that will fit my Johnson 130.
M# J130PLSSS
S# G04B1141G

no VRO just a fuel pump that is compatible.
some instructions to do it correctly.

thanks in advance.

Fact----In my opinion the VRO pump is easy to take apart to inspect.-----Might be an easy repair.-----So what is your motor doing / not doing that leads you to replace the fuel pump ?----What testing have you done?----Tried running the motor off another ( portable ) tank and hose ?------And post the compression test results for this motor.

Last time out, boat wouldn’t start until it was primed, then it would cut off after maybe 30 -60 seconds, wouldn’t start again until it was primed again. Ended up having to prime it over and over when it sounded like it was going to cut off. We limped back to the boat ramp. I replaced the fuel filter, still cut off. I hooked it up to a gallon of fuel oil mixture and it ran but would cut off again, wouldn’t start again until I primed it again. The guy who I’ve been talking with said next is the fuel pump. This is my first boat so I need all the help I can get. I did look at one of the spark plugs and it looked fine, wet but looked good otherwise.

Have you cleaned the vapor separation tank and checked the float valve.----- Is the VRO oil side in service ?-----Tested the output if it is ?-----I am not sure that priming using just the bulb on the fuel line is a good idea.------No oil being mixed with that gas if VRO oil side is in service.------Next is a cylinder compression test as it may offer clues on crankcase compression.----It is crankcase pressure that drives the fuel pump.-----Find -----maxrules-----as they offer a fuel pump and it would come with instructions.

I
Have you cleaned the vapor separation tank and checked the float valve.----- Is the VRO oil side in service ?-----Tested the output if it is ?-----I am not sure that priming using just the bulb on the fuel line is a good idea.------No oil being mixed with that gas if VRO oil side is in service.------Next is a cylinder compression test as it may offer clues on crankcase compression.----It is crankcase pressure that drives the fuel pump.-----Find -----maxrules-----as they offer a fuel pump and it would come with instructions.

I will have to look at my manuals and get these steps done, lots
of information I need to process.

thanks for your patience.

Mike.

No VST on this motor..just,,,A) rebuild and delete oil side and run premix or ...B) Install a OEM non-oiler pump part#5007422...don't use anything off Amazon

No VST on this motor..just,,,A) rebuild and delete oil side and run premix or ...B) Install a OEM non-oiler pump part#5007422...don't use anything off Amazon
Ended up ordering from maxrules.com item MTM-06-200

thanks for your advice, I had already ordered by the time I saw your post

Back