Logo

97 evinrude 175 ocean pro starts for 5 seconds then stalls won't ideal

Bobjiw

Started off showing up to the dock with dead batteries. Week before they where fine. Put 2 new batteries in that morning. Heading out from the dock it overheated. So I headed back in got home put 2 new thermostats and a new water pump. At that time I noticed the carburetors where leaking a little so I rebuilt the carbs and put new bowls on because they where warped. Put it all back together and it starts for 5 seconds and stalls out. Tried adjusting the low ideal adjustment and nothing. New plugs, checked coils, good power pack, getting spark, good compression, checked the stator. Can't figure this out. I've rebuilt the carbs before and didn't have this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going crazy trying to figure this out. Thanks

E175execd

I figured it out this weekend. The bowls that I was sent from a dealer of OMC parts, sent me defective bowls. The hole that goes from the drilled hole that is plugged with the ball bearing was blocked or not drilled through. So the fuel wasn't filling the small opening for the picking tube that runs the ideal mixture. Bought new bowls locally nows it idealing..... thank God was driving insane. Know I have to figure out the slow ideal mixture screw due to playing with them when I couldnt get it running. Anybody have any idea how many turns on the ideal screw. When I first played with them they where around 9 1/2 turns. My book says 4 turns. Thanks guy's

Back