Logo

96? Evinrude 35hp 3 cylinder only spark on middle cylinder.

Berg

Hi, bought this evinrude, strong spark on mid cylinder, top and bottom no spark. Middle lead from powerpack to bottom than bottom fires.
Maybe someone got a wiring diagram for this engine?
Looks like a smooth running engine when it works.
I want to do some trouble shooting myself but getting hard with no specs to be found anywhere.
Engine number BE35ELEOS
Powerpach number 0584823

Best regards
Jasper

A 1995 model.---Testing for spark using electric start ?--------Yes they are a smooth running engine.-----Has the oil injection unit been thrown away ?----I am quite familiar with these motors ----Your location ?

Yes, testing for spark with electric start with a full charged battery. Only the oil resevoir is gone, mixing unit, i guess vro, still attached. Oil indicator still attached, wont turn over unless its in place.
Just cleaned the optical sensor you mentioned in another thread.
Windows look good, no craks.
I see a red wire comming from the power pack that is not connected to anything, i gues thats the power for the mixing unit?
I thought it was a 96 because of the engine number g03965545.
Location would be Holland ( -;

The mixing unit was attached to the oil tank.-----It was junk and unreliable.-----Gewoon rommel in hollands.---Find the orange wires going to the stator and check ohms on orange to orange wires.----Post what you find.----I have parts motors but I am too far away.

Last edited:
It reads 57.6 between the 2 orange wires.
Ill will take the mixing unit out and go from the pumps straight to the carbs.
Any idea which wires need to be connected so i can disconnect the oil indicator?
You are familiar with the dutch language i see, and pretty good as well

The manual indicates 57 ohms for the power coil in the stator.----You will not need the oil indicator with oil tank and mixing unit gone !.----We left SHIPHOL by DC7 in 1960.

Last edited:
Here I would simply try another powerpack as a test.-----Manual says to check optical sensor, but you have already done that.----I would take the starter apart for inspection and ohm test on armature.----Most will say that the motor cranks just fine, but it costs nothing to check starter.

After i cleaned the optical sensor timing licht indicated spark on each cylinder. Put some fresh gas in it and it runs...very smooth.
Almost as smooth as my 1961 merc400.
But now i have to change the impeller because i see no stream of water
This engine has a flush hole, can i let the engine run with a hose attached? Does that work?

Started her up a few times now being careful not to overheat.starts every time so i gues optical sensor dirty was the problem.
Still got some family here you visit?

I have never gone back myself.-----And I have parts for those wonderful 4 cylinder white Mercury motors too.-------Send me a private message should you need parts.

I gues we will be in touch then. Parts for my merc are rare here.
And thats pretty funny, im located 50 miles from the european mercury plant in verviers so you would think lots of parts here, nope.
Thanks for the help, send you a pm soon.
Best regards
Jasper

I lived in PETTEN and HEERHUGOWAARD before leaving by DC7.-----When I look at a DC7 starting up today on You Tube I say ----Wow , but at least they had 4 engines.

Petten? You dont miss the haring met ui?
Ive been in Heerhugowaard once or twice. Both north Holland.
Must have been quite a trip, todays airplanes need about 8 to 13 hours to get there, depends on location. Dc7 dont fly that fast.

Back