Logo

VRO Question ?

cool guy Mike

Can a VRO system add to much oil to the fuel system? Motor seems to use to much oil, smokes, and plugs look a little oily. Been around 2 strokes since I was a kid in the late 60's and early 70's running the crap out of motorcycles so i know a little bit about two strokes. What I have - motor 1992 Evinrude 200 horse. Motor runs very well, starts easily, compression within 5 pounds of each other. Four cylinders at 100 psi and two cylinders at 95 psi, taken with the motor cold. Use the low smoke expensive Evinrude engine oil. Within the last year replaced all fuel line, primer bulb and oil lines. Did not use the worm screw style hose clamps, used the full encirclement clamps that are installed with pliers to compress the clamp. Local dealer checked for air bubbles in the fuel line, so no leaks at the connections. Motor has a Stainless prop and it has oil smoke on it. Not washed clean in the water. What internally can go wrong with these pumps? Diaphragm? or???. How can the pump be checked out? rebuild kits? install new pump? And no I am not going to remove the VRO pump, install a fuel pump only and mix gas and oil. So thanks for the thoughts on removing the VRO just do not want to go that direction. Back to the VRO, all you experienced Evinrude motor guy what are your thoughts on this ?? Thanks Mike

Can a VRO system add to much oil to the fuel system? Motor seems to use to much oil, smokes, and plugs look a little oily. Been around 2 strokes since I was a kid in the late 60's and early 70's running the crap out of motorcycles so i know a little bit about two strokes. What I have - motor 1992 Evinrude 200 horse. Motor runs very well, starts easily, compression within 5 pounds of each other. Four cylinders at 100 psi and two cylinders at 95 psi, taken with the motor cold. Use the low smoke expensive Evinrude engine oil. Within the last year replaced all fuel line, primer bulb and oil lines. Did not use the worm screw style hose clamps, used the full encirclement clamps that are installed with pliers to compress the clamp. Local dealer checked for air bubbles in the fuel line, so no leaks at the connections. Motor has a Stainless prop and it has oil smoke on it. Not washed clean in the water. What internally can go wrong with these pumps? Diaphragm? or???. How can the pump be checked out? rebuild kits? install new pump? And no I am not going to remove the VRO pump, install a fuel pump only and mix gas and oil. So thanks for the thoughts on removing the VRO just do not want to go that direction. Back to the VRO, all you experienced Evinrude motor guy what are your thoughts on this ?? Thanks Mike
Over oiling can be caused by the oil cap on the tank.

Back