Logo

1974 Silverline With 140 Mercruiser

Lapointj

Ive been looking everywhere for a trim pump for this boat, finally after 2 weeks i found one. After i Installed it i found a leak on a line that goes from the Lower unit to a bracket with 2 wires then to what i assume is the Trim Gauge Sensor. The fitting on this Bracket looks like the line was installed badelp and stripped the threads. My problem is any type of diagram or service manual doesn't show this bracket so i don't know what 90 degree fitting this is. Can anyone help with any information or a better service manual?

Attachments

• BoatFitting1.jpg
    BoatFitting1.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 26
  • BoatFitting2.jpg
    BoatFitting2.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 18
  • BoatFitting3.jpg
    BoatFitting3.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 15
Ayuh,.... 1/8" pipe on the reverse lock side, 'n compression fittin' on the line side,.....

Thanks, but I just noticed there is a spring and ball bearing inside the part, so that's why the one side of the fitting just has a small hole and is filled in. Would that be some sort of pressure switch for somthing?

Is there some magic thing about that trim pump that you have to have it? I would switch it out for the OilDyne type which is much easier to deal with for both parts and maintenance. Just me tho.
As for the plumbing issues, the fittings are usually standard type NPT elbows. You can get them with reverse flare which is what the hard lines are. Jeg's, Speedway, etc have these.

Back