Logo

05 suzuki 140df motor dies after throttling down

Brant450

Hi my 05 df140 always dies after throttling down to idle. It turns right back on. Never have any issues when getting up to speed. But the second I get off the throttle, it'll completely die on. Any idea on what I should start looking into to get it dialed in?

I’m also on here about a different issue with my Suzuki 140 but I had a very similar issue especially after long runs. I noticed if I backed down more easily it would help most of the time but would still often die. My issue turned out to be the iac motor which was not responding at all. After swapping this out the motor started much easier and didn’t stall after deceleration anymore. I believe to test this you should be able to pull the iac motor off the throttle body/intake and watch to see if it moves. If it doesn’t on start up then that’s probably the issue or it’s not Recieving the signal for some reason. Make sure when you do pull it off to test and try and start the motor up you have something to cover the holes where the idle air control motor sits otherwise it will rev quite high

Back