Logo

1987 Evinrude 115 Constant Alarm

JoeTilton

Hello, New to the forum. Lots of good info here.

I have a 1987 Evinrude 115 hp VRO. The previous owner decided to remove the VRO when it failed and added a mechanical fuel pump therefore I have to pre mix the fuel. I do not mind doing this as I know for sure then engine is getting oil. We have been doing this for 2 years and have had no troubles but all of a sudden the alarm comes on after about 1 - 2 minutes of the engine running. The alarm is the constant alarm sound. The impeller is pumping water through and a good, solid stream of water is coming out the side of the engine.

Any suggestions on this or is there another thread on this already that someone can point me to?

Thanks in advance

Joe

The tell tale indicates that the water pump is working.---However the tell tale water does NOT circulate through the block!!------I strongly suggest there is a blockage in water jackets.-----Research an item called " water diverter " found when heads are taken off.-----2 diverters on each bank.

Are there any tricks to flush the water diverters that go around heads? I have the thermostats out and going to be changing them but want to flush the system at the same time.

Back