Logo

09 90hp Optimax fuel pressure troubleshooting

ggmurray

Hello everyone,
Helping a friend with his 09 90hp Optimax that would idle and be sluggish than quit and now won't start at all. here's what's been done so far
New primer, New fuel filter in the VST plus he installed an inline fuel filter. Took the VST off pulled the lid and replaced the high-pressure pump grommet
Inspected the inside of the VST and it was clean put the lid on and installed the VST back on the motor. Fuel pressure gauge installed on test port (key on only) 44psi. Pinched return to VST (key on only) pegged gauge 100+ (We hope this verified that the high-pressure fuel pump is ok) We pulled the fuel regulator housing and removed the diaphragm to check for cracks/pinholes, but it was fine just looked old. put it back together and retested with same results. 44psi on a good glycerin filled gauge. we have not looked at the air side yet because I didn't have my other gauge. That's what's been done so far. After reading some in the manual I found out that the air compressor provides 80psi of air to fuel regulator along with the 10psi spring tension on the diaphragm gives the needed 90 psi fuel pressure. The key on is good for some info say checking the pumps etc. but not for verifying the fuel pressure. Can anyone point me in the right direction for troubleshooting? steps etc. or an archive Thanks in advance for any help!

Back