Logo

05’ GM 3.0 Alpha one intake manifold stud thread

Blue_Sky

Contributing Member
Anyone know the thread/pitch of the 4 studs that hold TKS carb onto the intake manifold? I’m guessing it’s 5/16? As I only have mostly metric stuff. Trying to replace nuts that were misplaced, Cannot find a factory nut or part info anywhere. Any help appreciated!

Ayuh,.... The studs are fine thread on one end, 'n course on the other,.....
I believe the course threads are into the head/ manifold, so the carb nuts should be fine thread, 5/16" - 24, I think,....

If it's metric, I'm guessin' they be 8mm fine,....

Get a thread gauge, or borrow one. I have metric & SAE gauges in my tap/die kit. They are invaluable in ensuring you don’t run a metric clean up tap down an SAE bore.
SAE are defined as “threads/inch. Metric will be in millimeters, as in 1.0, 1.25., on an 8mm bolt the most common thread pitch is 1.25 & 1.0
if you have one stud removed, take it to HomeDepot, they have gauges mounted in the Hardware section.

Last edited:
Looked up 3.0 2005 pqrts and only found reference to 3.0 TKS

STUD, (.312-18 /.312-24 x 2.120)

5/16-18 on one end and 5/16-24 on the other side.

The easiest way to check is get one hex nut for each thread size and see if it spins on easily

Thank you friends! correct with the 5/16-24, I was not aware they were different.. was driving me nuts. Thank you all for your responses!

Back