Logo

BF225 won’t shift forward after I stopped for 2 minutes

Segomil82

Hi
this afternoon I was cruising at 4000rpm on my Lund Baron 2003 and his BF225 also from 2003 with 400 hours on it

I needed to come to a stop and slow down progressively and put the boat in neutral without switching it off.
once I put the control forward the boat rev up but in neutral. I was never able to put this boat in neutral and rev it up before.

then when I put the control to the neutral position, the boat would go backward since the reverse was now engaged

Shut down the engine with the key but when I re started, the engine started with the reverse engaged

impossible to make it go in forward so I came back home on my kicker engine

I have removed the cowling and the cable seem well connected and seems to have full range of motion. It also move the lever under the cowling (don’t know the name of that part)

Could the problem be in the lower unit ?

look at the video I made. Everything seem to be well connected and in line with the black marker lines that were made 4 years ago when the engine was re-mounted on this boat

I don't know but look and see if you can locate the shift arm (item #9 in the link below) and ensure that the end of shift rod B (item 14) is inserted in the arm and is held firmly by the bolt (item 25).

https://www.boats.net/catalog/honda...-vin-bagj-1100001-to-bagj-1199999/shift-shaft

If that all looks good under the hood then, yes, the issue could be in your lower unit.

Good luck.

The fact that it starts on reverse means your linksge is fine. The cross pin in the dog clutch has broken leaving it in reverse.

Back