Logo

Nissan 9.8 hp 2006 4 stroke when I reduce speed it stalled

Simbaba

Hi I was run the boat heigh speed for 2 hours, when I get to the marine, had to reduce the speed, it stalled, I restarted it it came back, but at low speed it seemed not taking the fuel, wanted to quit. But if it’s not in gear in neutral seems idling fine, can someone tell me what’s wrong with it? I have noticed, when I started it, it took a while to get it run smooth, longer than before, it shut off 2x before it runs smooth. The gas is fresh.

thanks!

Penny

Last edited:
Seafoam is just mineral spirits. OK on a 2 stroke, but I have never had luck with any 4-stroke. If the motor has ever sat for a week or 2 with fuel in the carb, it should have the carb professionally cleaned.

Got it, thank you Paul! I would like to try to clean it myself, is there any link has some video I can learn it from? :) I did a Yamaha 8 hp 2 stroke before, and a Honda pressure washer too, both turned out good ;)
by the way, if I would like to purchase a ultrasound clean machine, what kind of it will do the job for carb cleaning?
thank you!

Last edited:
You need a gallon can of real carb dip. I do mine in a heated ultrasonic cleaner filled with dip. Of course full disassembly first. Then blow out all passages with generic carb spray.

Back