Logo

1976 20 hp Merc 200

18Warrior

Help! I've been trying to rig this motor up for remote steering from a single cable system. I know it needs an adapter of some sort, but I haven't been able to find one. Does anyone know a part number, or even have one for sale? I hate leaving this one in my garage, my Dad bought it new in 76, it's e-start and I have the remote controls and the cables.

Help! I've been trying to rig this motor up for remote steering from a single cable system. I know it needs an adapter of some sort, but I haven't been able to find one. Does anyone know a part number, or even have one for sale? I hate leaving this one in my garage, my Dad bought it new in 76, it's e-start and I have the remote controls and the cables.
Look through the teleflex/seastar catalog on this sight should have what you need.

That's not a factory bracket. That is something that has been jury rigged. I'm looking for the factory part that accepts the cable going thru the tilt tube, then to the motor.

That's not a factory bracket. That is something that has been jury rigged. I'm looking for the factory part that accepts the cable going thru the tilt tube, then to the motor.
Left side of the video, the bracket screwed to the transom is what you need. That is a a seastar/teleflex bracket. The piece on the motor is the correct mounting location look for the Mercury bracket on their parts fiche.

Back