Logo

2013 Yamaha F40 LEHA - Fuel / Fire / Air?????

Duane Mercer 21

I have a 2013 F40 LEHA Yamaha Outboard that’s causing me major grief.
It will run flawlessly for 15-20 minutes then it appears to lose its gas and completely shut down. It will start right back up instantly but will only run at idle. Could it be going into limp mode after it really heats up after 15 minutes or so?
Had it into the local Yamaha Dealer and they said there were no error codes and no issues when they water tested it. Fuel pressure was good, intakes were good, everything seemed fine, they installed new plugs and said do use it....... Motor has less than 190 hours on it.
I think the dealer just didn’t run it long enough for it to do it’s thing?
I have a video of it doing its thing - where it just won’t take any fuel, it spits and sputters when you try and give it throttle but it will idle with zero issues all day long? It’s got to be fuel related doesn't it? Maybe the high speed pump quits after it gets hot? Or could it be fire related, or air?
When I leave it overnight and it cools down it will work great again for another 15-20 minutes…….
If I can figure out how to add the video I'll do so. But I'm having trouble figuring it out......
Anyone seen this before or have some ideas as to what is going on? Appreciate any help I could get.

Back