Logo

Oil plug assembly 861150A1

Lewy

mercruiser-bell-housing-bravo.png

Hi, any one fitted one of these gear oil connectors before?
I have a mercruiser 4.3L with an Alpha 1 Gen 2 drive.
Getting to the press connector seems a mighty challenge from inside the boat but i'm guessing it must be a fairly common issue.

Any assistance or links would be greatly appreciated. :)

cheers
Lewy

Are you trying to add it or replace the broken one
Hi, trying to fit a new one. The spigot snapped without any real provocation from me.
If I'd known how difficult they are to fit the replacement part i would have taken extra precautions I'm sure.

Subsequently i have heard that it is better to slice and remove the oil pipe rather than just try and pull the hose off, even though i actually didn't get that far with mine.

The difficulty now is trying to reach the inboard part of the fitting to remove the clip and the press release attachment from the reservoir supply hose.
It must be a common issue i'm sure as the plastic parts deteriorate over time.........wish they were made from brass!

Just hoping someone might have an easier solution as i dint really want to lift the engine!

cheers
Lewy

Are you trying to add it or replace the broken one
<br>Hi, trying to fit a new one. The spigot snapped without any real provocation from me.<br>If I'd known how difficult they are to fit the replacement part i would have taken extra precautions I'm sure.<br><br>Subsequently i have heard that it is better to slice and remove the oil pipe rather than just try and pull the hose off, even though i actually didn't get that far with mine. <br><br>The difficulty now is trying to reach the inboard part of the fitting to remove the clip and the press release attachment from the reservoir supply hose.<br>It must be a common issue i'm sure as the plastic parts deteriorate over time.........wish they were made from brass! <br><br>Just hoping someone might have an easier solution as i didnt really want to lift the engine!<br><br>cheers<br>Lewy <br> 

Back