Logo

1998 80 hp fuel issues

slammer55616

Brand new to this forum so please bear with me....I have a 98 Johnson 80 hp 4 stroke efi outboard. When giving it full throttle, it wants to die out. Squeezing the primer ball continually will keep it running just fine. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Is this a jet unit ?-------You must post a model # first.---A 4 cylinder motor.-------Are you sure it is a 4 stroke ??

No, its a regular prop motor. Its on a Alumacraft 165 boat. Its a white colored motor and says "4 stroke" and "electronic fuel injection" on the hood of the motor. I dont know where to find model #.

I doubt that a 1998 Johnson 80 HP is a 4 stroke.----Is there an oil tank in the boat ?-----Is there an oil filter ?-----Is there an oil dipstick ?------But without pictures / model # there is no further help from me.

Last edited:
jpg.gif

Attachments

• hp70.jpg
    hp70.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 70hp.jpg
    70hp.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
From the local outboard repair place. So, I take it that it is not (which, from what Ive read, is a good thing)... I think I'll start on my own and replace all the fuel lines from the tank forward. I should mention that it has some kind of water separator on it. It looks like a oil filter... any idea what that does?

Back