Logo

2016 +/- Suzuki 140 - decent motor?

anchorthis

Hey all,

Looking at a deckboat with a Suzuki ...stated as a 2016, 140hp outboard. I've had 200 hp Hondas, 115 Evinrudes, etc. but not zuki's. Anything you'd say with the good, bad and ugly to help make a decision on this motor? Also, the owner told me that he ran it last summer/fall 2021 and then put it on the trailer making sure (as he says) that there was no water in the motor/lower unit. He did not winterize it. Does anyone know where the typical block cracks happen on these motors/lower ends from not being put away / winterized properly? Thanks.
Screenshot 2022-07-12 6.51.49 PM.jpg

Last edited:
The only winterization I do with my Suzuki lower unit is replace lower unit oil. Water drains out of the engine without doing anything special. The only issues that I know off was the IAC was shorting out and frying the ECM but I think that was corrected at the factory before 2016. I’d call a Suzuki dealer and ask about that since I’m not sure of the date. I purchased a used 2009 DF90A in 2014 and so far no issues.

The only winterization I do with my Suzuki lower unit is replace lower unit oil. Water drains out of the engine without doing anything special. The only issues that I know off was the IAC was shorting out and frying the ECM but I think that was corrected at the factory before 2016. I’d call a Suzuki dealer and ask about that since I’m not sure of the date. I purchased a used 2009 DF90A in 2014 and so far no issues.

Thank you for the insight. I’ll make that call for sure!

Back