Logo

5.0 OMC died while idling now won't restart

MontanaJoe

Hi I have a 93 Four Winns 190 horizon with the 5.0 OMC cobra. The boat sat for many years so I took out the gas tank and cleaned it, flushed gas filler and vent hoses and added new vent and gas cap, new fuel filter. Started in shop with muff on and it ran great, tested many times and ran perfect. Went to water yesterday and started perfect, ran great for 45 minutes. We stopped to get things out of the cooler and let it idle and it died. Tried to restart and it turned over like the timing was way off and would kick back at times. Let cool for 20 and restarted lazily but idled then died and same things on restart. Let cool again same issue.Took boat back to shop put on muff and tried to start. Idled and died, when it dies it dies like the timing is off and won't restart beacuse it turns over hard. Check distributor wiring, intake, then added fuel press tester. Got 20psi with first turn of key, cycled key and went to 40. That s where I left it to see if it holds pressure and let it cool completely over night, will try to restart today. Any help would be appreciated. I can hear fuel pump running although have not verified both pumps. Thanks!

Back