Logo

seriously need some experts help on this one, no water exiting manifolds

stang32

Regular Contributor
[FONT=&quot]ok, so i had a post earlier about this but i want to consolidate. this is a 2004 5.7 MPI. bravo set up. with standard cooling system with no upper hoses to the elbows the boat came to me overheating. previous owner replaced impeller thermostst (aledgedly) and inspected the manifolds. (yeah right). While running and testing the system ,the feed hose from the RWP to the distributor assembly ( actually only an elbow and not a distribution assy) blew off with lots of water pressure behind it, the diagnoses, clogged manifolds/risers (original) changed them out and the boat ran fine, water exiting as designed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]boat was sold and i was called with concern that the temp does not go up., infrared thermometer confirmed, engine running below 100 deg.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]further inspection found the thermostat was missing. i installed one and thats when the fun began.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]hose clamp broke on the lower hose going to the manifold from the feed hose and the hose blew off causing the engine bay to fill up with water. .[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]boat was bailed out and hose reinstalled. once it was back on i ran it and found the tubes before and after the intermediate elbow ( port) had melted and shutters were cooked. i replaced all these and tested the system. engine stayed under 175 and the manifolds were baking. once out of the water and on muffs i found that again, no water was coming out of the gimbal exhaust.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]i replaced the impeller, same issue. i then removed the thermostat and the water would flow once again and all components remained cool.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]my conclusion was that the check ball in the tee fitting under the manifold was bad and not allowing water to flow into the manifolds while the boat was heating up(closed thermostat)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]i replaced both fittings and i have the same results.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]no water coming out of the manifolds when thermostat is installed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HELP . i have ruled out everything i can think of.[/FONT]

Back