Logo

Nissan NSF30B Warning Light and Continuous Alarm Tone

RickVJ

I have a rather new Nissan NSF30B EPT2 outboard on my pontoon, maybe 6 years old bought brand new and probably less than 100 hours on it, and am getting a warning light and continuous tone after it idles or is in gear for a minute or two. It ran great all last summer without issues. I just got it delivered back from storage a few weeks ago and it has full clean oil on the dipstick and water is pissing out the back normally so the water pump is working. Could the problem most likely be the oil pressure switch, how do I test it and where is it? When the warning goes on I lose all power and I assume it is going into safety mode so even if the oil pressure is good I can't use the boat because it barely goes. I can't believe the oil pump could be bad already.

On P73 of your manual, it's likely a low oil pressure signal, but it could be an overheat alarm as well. Likely a flaky sender. The senders ground to alarm, so a voltmeter or ohm meter can help diagnose. I believe they are both on the starboard side. Any dealer with the appropriate cable and laptop can diagnose it as well.

The water temperature sensor is labeled on the wires "WTS" and it's on the left-port-side/oil filter side of the motor above the oil filter toward the top of the motor. I wasn't able to find the oil pressure switch but like you said in my other post if it has a black rubber boot on it I wasn't looking for that.

Back