Logo

How to clean carbs on E150STLCOH “1985 evinrude 150 xp vro”

Check compression on all 6 first and if overr 100psi the do carbs. Pull em off and clean with cleaner and install new kits. Reassemble and reinstall,sync linkages and set idle on muffs at around 950-1000RPMs

Top right standing behind the engine 1-3 1 is 80 2 is 70 3 is 70 left side top 1-3 1 is 70 2 is 70 3 is 70 this was cold starting all plugs removed throttle handle at wide open. I had it running decent the other day by adjusting the idle speed screw it was bogging down underload but i adjusted the idle speed screw and had it decently running twisted it a little more cause it wasnt even close to 100% and messed it up again to where it bogs down full throttle. It runs perfectly fine on land on muffs. It just had problems underload.

Last edited:
It runs perfectly fine on land on muffs. It just had problems underload.

Motors with problems do this. First get a different tester as compression to low and retest. If its above 100psi then inspect the electrical and fuel system. Has motor been setting any length of time? Is it new to you?

Here with my tester that motor would be prepared for immediate surgery !!----Or scrap.-----So retest with a different gauge or remove heads for inspection of cylinders.----Head gaskets are cheap.

Back