Logo

15 hp 0C285968 serial # is it a 1998 model? 2003 model?

rocket dawg

Hello from Michigan. Spent hours on the internet trying to decipher my model year of our 15 hp short shaft 2 stroke motor. It runs great. The bonnet has been painted and newer decals that really dont match the OEM ones that it replaced. There is a decal reading that it was made in Fond Du Lac Wis. No other info though. Once I figure this out, it will be engraved on the motor. ;There are 1000's of requests for model year info for these outboards. Seems like it some kind of secret that Mercury cant produce a list to ID outboards. I need this info soon as I may sell this motor and go with a larger 4 stroke Merc.( 25hp) Our boat is a Blue Fin 15' 9" and the 15 hp motor does great with 1 passenger. Add 2 more and it really slows it down. Trade in isnt an option as they offer you a fraction of what its worth. Thanks in advance.

Hers's a photo, It's been well taken care of since we bought it Edit: not sure how that picture turned sideways

Attachments

• 20220621_163059.jpg
    20220621_163059.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 24
Yes it has been. It spent most of its life on the floor of their workshop. It got scratched up being moved around, so we fixed the scratches and painted it. It had about 10 hours total on it when we purchased it. Great runner for sure.

Back