Logo

1984 350 /260 replaced camshaft idles perfect misses when throttled up !!

Kinger952

Have replaced cam lifters / dist cap-rotor-plugs-wires ect.
Ran engine to time engine while throttling up it misfires.,
I turned distributor as I was throttling up all of a sudden its hitting on ALL 8 did it twice !. Shut down engine to check wiring at distributor and thunderbolt module all seems good - restarted engine idles very smoothly but when throttling up it starts missing again tried to move distributor again it turns but this time it does not clear up the miss and DID NOT hit on all 8 like previously .
Is it possible to go backwards and use points and condenser with this distributor ? ( I know I know. Don't ask )

Last edited:
NO! Put a timing light on that beast and see what's happening.

I suspect the spark advance isn't advancing for some reason.

Jeff

Have replaced cam lifters / dist cap-rotor-plugs-wires ect.
Ran engine to time engine while throttling up it misfires.,
I turned distributor as I was throttling up all of a sudden its hitting on ALL 8 did it twice !. Shut down engine to check wiring at distributor and thunderbolt module all seems good - restarted engine idles very smoothly but when throttling up it starts missing again tried to move distributor again it turns but this time it does not clear up the miss and DID NOT hit on all 8 like previously .
Is it possible to go backwards and use points and condenser with this distributor ? ( I know I know. Don't ask )

Is there a way to ring out pickup that is in the distributor ?
Now I have NO SPARK I am going to check all connections bit it was fine yesterday ( imagine that ) I think Murphy is hiding near me

You can find the TB-IV troubleshooting guide posted on this board or by searching the WWW...you have an almost forty year old baseline so you have to be thorough when it comes to accurate troubleshooting...

Back