Logo

Brand New 3.5 HP Mercury..... 2 PROBLEMS

25catfishperday

I put a 3.5 Mercury on my small 10 ft. bass boat. Well, the first hour it ran, was great and a lot of fun. Luckily we pulled in 17 cats rather quickly before things went down hill.

I was headed up-stream in a local river. After the first tank of fuel, I noticed there was fuel that appeared to be coming out of the lines on the back of the engine. I started paying more attention and noticed fuel was dripping out the line on the back of the engine and into the water in the river. After I noticed this, the brand new engine, got to where it would die unless I kept it revved up.

By this time, I'm way up-stream in the river. It dies, I go to start it. Now I have no forward gear. The lever shifts from Neutral to Forward. But when in forward, the engine just revs?

So far, Bass Pro has not been a pleasant experience. I had to wait a week to pick up the brand new engine after handing them over the money, because they didn't have a mechanic test run the engine.

Than all he** breaks lose on the first outing, leaving me stranded up-stream in the river and forced to paddle back.

I return to Bass Pro today for a warranty fix. And the first thing she ask me is "Do you want us to call you with an estimate for your repair?"

I had the brand new engine on the water for 1 hour and there's two problems. And they have the audacity to ask me how do I want to pay for the repair.

Than she continues to tell me we have no way of testing the engine shifting without it being on the boat?

Am I tripping or does this front desk worker have no idea of what she's talking about or did I seriously just get shafted on buying a brand new $1,300.00 engine?

Back