Logo

2015 F40 HP tiller handle temperature and Oil warning lights and sounds

Lund Rebel

HI, I have a 2015  F40 Hp motor with a tiller handle and found out they make warning LED lights and sound for low oil pressure and Temperature issues. How hard are these to install? Approx cost to do this? I have a plug cover where the lights go. THANKS

Now we are getting some where. A remote controlled model to which a tiller handle has been added.

Did you add the tiller handle or did someone else add it? Are you certain that it does not have the warning horn within the handle?

Does the tiller handle look like this?

Now we are getting some where. A remote showing the controlled model to which a tiller handle has been added.

Did you add the tiller handle or did someone else add it? Are you certain that it does not have the warning horn within the handle?

Does the tiller handle look like this?

Yes it looks like this. It has the idle adjustment on top just in front of the gear selector. Factory install when purchased. I never hear any alarms upon start up so I guess there is no alarm??? There are no LED lights showing for oil/temp alert as showing in the parts picture.

Single engine Yams don't sound the warning horn at key on. Pull the kill switch lanyard and then crank the motor. You should hear the warning horn.

Are you sure that you have the F40LA model? The F40LEHA model came from Yamaha with the tiller handle already installed. As opposed to the F40LA model with was shipped without a tiller handle. Designed for remote control use.

Single engine Yams don't sound the warning horn at key on. Pull the kill switch lanyard and then crank the motor. You should hear the warning horn.

Are you sure that you have the F40LA model? The F40LEHA model came from Yamaha with the tiller handle already installed. As opposed to the F40LA model with was shipped without a tiller handle. Designed for remote control use.
Yes I checked the info card and its a F40 LA. I did go out and pulled the kill switch lanyard and the warning buzzer went off. Didn't know this until now. THANKS Boscoe
Now its down to how hard to install the warning LED lights into the handle. Is there some wires to plug into for these lights??

Have you opened up the tiller handle and verified that the light assembly is not there?
Yes I removed the bottom cover and the light assembly is not in there. I don't want to remove the cables and hard to believe it was stuffed up on top of them. I don't see anything resembling any lights. Any ideas??

Back