Logo

2001 250Hp Ficht Runs then bogs out

2001 250hp FICHT runs good when I put in, after a 20 mile run out to beach at the inlet and sitting there for give or take 6 hours in the heat of the day it'll run fine for about 15 miles then will bog out with zero warning, engine light will come on, let it idle down for about 15 seconds and it will jump right out of the hole. It'll run fine again for 2-5 minutes then with zero warning bog out again. It'll do this all the way back to the launch. Changed out the water separator and the fuel filter. Gas tank is full to 3/4 full. water coming out the pee hole is luke water(bay water is 88 f). Exhaust is clear. Spark plugs are slightly sooted, look normal to me. It doesn't sound like there is any skipping, just looses power and won't take fuel until I back all the way out of the throttle.

ok

this is what came up

25 EMM temperature sensor circuit above expected range (81c)
26 Battery voltage below expected range
85 Ignition coil #5 open primary

was actually hoping for something more decisive

I have the sister motor that i bought at the same time and was thinking of change the EMM out but that means either reprogramming it by copying it and tranferring the data or swapping all the injectors and could still have a problem. Got some here trying to say it is a fuel pump issue, but no codes for fueling.

First I'd clean and reseat all grounds for the EMM and at the battery to try and address the voltage issue. Next blow through all cooling lines to and from the EMM. If neither of those correct the issue then you might need to either swap the EMM or get this one repaired.

Back