Logo

1992 200 horse Evinrude idle slow

cool guy Mike

Slow idle with 1992 200 horse Evinrude. Use to idle about 750, lubricated all the linkage from the throttle cable to the carburetor, now idles about 500 rpm.
Dies quite often in gear. I have watched the factory video and read the manual and understand the proper procedure to set all the linkage which will set the proper idle speed. The problem I have a bass tournament tomorrow night ( Thursday night ) with my grandson, his idea and a 12 year old fishing fanatic. The question - is there anyway I can bump up the idle a little to get me through tomorrow night? I need to get a few specialty tools to complete it the proper way. Any experts out the with a wealth of information that can help me out? Thanks Mike

I just checked my motor and #67 in the picture you provided is the wide open stop adjustment. But my motor also has the the lockring and adjustment knob/screw.
No sure exactly which motor this is no number plate is on the motor. It is on a 1993 Ranger. I had to replace the regulator/rectifier, the one for the 93 would not connect to the pigtail connectors , had to get the 92 regulator/rectifier to connect to the studs. The linkage on my motor looks a little different from the 92 and 93 diagram more like a combination of both

Back