Logo

2018 Honda BF115D1XA lead wire, part number 40219-ZY6-033 replacement

jagfan

While changing out my steering cable, my fish wire must have contacted the positive battery cable and something grounded causing the lead wire to melt. The motor starts and appears to run properly. I am trying to replace it with a new one however the one connection is a philips head attached to the underside of the center mounting housing. Is is possible to remove this screw without removing the housing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi jagfan,

You could probably do it with what is called an offset phillips screwdriver. It is shaped like two L's end to end with two short legs pointing in the opposite direction from each other.

The drivers come in many different configurations with different length ends.

I have also used a phillips driver bit placed inside of a 5/16" box end wrench in a pinch. I have actually used chewing gum to stick the bit to the wrench but a strong magnet held against the wrench works well to hold it in place too.

Check with your local ACE Hardware. They may have an offset that will work.

As a pro mechanic I have more than a few different ones for doing stuff like this. Two or three of them I made myself.

Good luck.

Hi jagfan,

You could probably do it with what is called an offset phillips screwdriver. It is shaped like two L's end to end with two short legs pointing in the opposite direction from each other.

The drivers come in many different configurations with different length ends.

I have also used a phillips driver bit placed inside of a 5/16" box end wrench in a pinch. I have actually used chewing gum to stick the bit to the wrench but a strong magnet held against the wrench works well to hold it in place too.

Check with your local ACE Hardware. They may have an offset that will work.

As a pro mechanic I have more than a few different ones for doing stuff like this. Two or three of them I made myself.

Good luck.[Thank you for the response. I was able to remove the screw using a pair of long reach pliers, but will definitely try one of your methods when reinserting the screw.]

Back