Logo

9.9 suzuki leaking water

kingfisherpa

My 9.9 Suzuki is blowing water out of lower housing above prop where it bolts together with 4 bolts..pumping water well.Is this a problem?Is there a gasket there?(2011 mod. year) Thanks Lary

Never had a 9.9 apart but I’m guessing something isn’t right. Water is sucked up through the water pump and sent on its way to the block via a water tube. My guess is the water isn’t making it up the tube.

https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki/outboard/9-9hp/df-9-9arl-beginning-vin-00994f-110001/water-pump

Part 7 Water tube is where the water should be going. If any of the seals/gaskets, base plate and/or the cup (part 2) are shot then water can leak out anywhere. Suzuki sell a water pump replacement kit which I would suggest you purchase. Be aware that you are not getting any water to engine hence no cooling. The link above may not be for your engine, I just picked a random 9.9. I can’t speak for your engine but my Suzuki (2009 DF90A) is 5 bolts to drop the lower unit and a fairly simple job to replace the water pump kit.

Back