Logo

STOP CALLING THE 70's Vintage, antique etc!!!

Ky Howard

Contributing Member
C,mon guys. I was in High School in the 60's and Navy in the 70's. It WASN't that long ago! 1920's, 1930's and 40's was VINTAGE. It depressing to hear you young whippersnappers talk about that period as long ago. We had the best women and music, and our outboards are still running! Wait 'til we're dead, then call it vintage...lol Have a great day!

I would rather fish with a sweet running 1960's era , 6 HP Johnson / Evinrude than a modern " plastic / electronic " motor.

If the motor is 1960 or older it is antique because it qualifies for SS benefits.1961 forward its is vintage.

C,mon guys. I was in High School in the 60's and Navy in the 70's. It WASN't that long ago! 1920's, 1930's and 40's was VINTAGE. It depressing to hear you young whippersnappers talk about that period as long ago. We had the best women and music, and our outboards are still running! Wait 'til we're dead, then call it vintage...lol Have a great day!

Why don't you stop being a snob.

Ha! I cracked a couple Hamm's and read Ky's post again. That's just good old vintage Kentucky humor. I'm pushing 70 and I'm starting to feel vintage myself. Getting aches and pains from parts I never knew I had.

Ha! I cracked a couple Hamm's and read Ky's post again. That's just good old vintage Kentucky humor. I'm pushing 70 and I'm starting to feel vintage myself. Getting aches and pains from parts I never knew I had.
This isn't the first place he has posted this, he actually came here from another site.

Thanks, Mr. Scott. I've been struggling with some vintage problems, but not ready to give up yet. Ha! Still love your old post on those vintage pressure tanks, think it's in the archives already. I've really never blown one up yet, maybe I've been lucky.

Back