Logo

NS70a trim & tilt schematics/information needed

LouSly

Looking for help with an old 1986 Nissan NS70a Trim Tilt.
Does anyone have prior knowledge or detailed schematics of the pump assembly?

I took the screw out next to the manual release thinking that was a drain plug.
Unfortunately, I was wrong and along with the screw out popped several small parts "ball, disk with washer, pin and spring".
I think I have all the pieces that came out but not sure. I'm unable to figure out how this all goes back in. (see attached pics)

I've since purchased and received a Tohatsu Trim tilt manual for the M70A, it pretty much looks like everything is identical to my unit.
However, the manual contains information on just about everything else except for the pump assembly.

The trim was working before I messed with this so I am hoping someone can bail me out with the answers on how to reassemble and
get the boat back in the water.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read my post.

Attachments

• trim-manual.jpg
    trim-manual.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 27
  • pump-arrow.jpg
    pump-arrow.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 28
  • pump-parts.jpg
    pump-parts.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 27
  • pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 24
Looking for help with an old 1986 Nissan NS70a Trim Tilt.
Does anyone have prior knowledge or detailed schematics of the pump assembly?

I took the screw out next to the manual release thinking that was a drain plug.
Unfortunately, I was wrong and along with the screw out popped several small parts "ball, disk with washer, pin and spring".
I think I have all the pieces that came out but not sure. I'm unable to figure out how this all goes back in. (see attached pics)

I've since purchased and received a Tohatsu Trim tilt manual for the M70A, it pretty much looks like everything is identical to my unit.
However, the manual contains information on just about everything else except for the pump assembly.

The trim was working before I messed with this so I am hoping someone can bail me out with the answers on how to reassemble and
get the boat back in the water. Here I get literature essay examples on any books and even manuals.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read my post.
HI! I'm new aboard, but I hope it's ok to reply here after a few months... So from the pictures you attached, I see you accidentally removed some small parts while trying to drain the pump assembly.
I'm sorry the manual doesn't specifically cover the pump assembly(( but you can still try to piece things back together using your mechanical intuition.
I had a similar situation and I checked all the pieces that came out, including the ball, disk with washer, pin, and spring. I found out a few notches, and markings on the parts that indicated their proper orientation.
Next, it was hard to fix it 'cause I needed the manual for the M70A and compare it with my pump assembly, I needed to find the best match.
And finally, that led to a positive result.
Good luck with your further reassemblies, and I hope you could get your boat back in the water))

Back