Logo

looking for an alternative to 8M6000623 - water pressure Sensor

stang32

Regular Contributor
I know this is a GM sensor but i can not find the right one. i got an ac delco [h=1]12677837 but the thread size is 3/8 and the sensor i pulled from the engine is 1/4"[/h]
this is the sensor that reads the water pressure for the sea pump.

There are bazillions of these available cheap. Amazon and Ebay have them. None are OEM, so you may get a good one or maybe not. I assume you are having a bit of sticker shock at the $165 price tag for what is pretty much a $30 part. This is your choice of course...either fork over for the part that is supposed to work, has a warranty and you know will fit, or don't.

There are bazillions of these available cheap. Amazon and Ebay have them. None are OEM, so you may get a good one or maybe not. I assume you are having a bit of sticker shock at the $165 price tag for what is pretty much a $30 part. This is your choice of course...either fork over for the part that is supposed to work, has a warranty and you know will fit, or don't.

yes, i am aware of all the garbage ones out there and thats why i was seeking out a genuine GM sensor. BTW, new list price is 190 for this sensor. yes i can find it cheaper but even at my cost, its ridiculous. i bought one 3 years ago for less that $120.00

Back