Logo

Proper spark plug

Ronniewhite

Regular Contributor
I have a 2000 Johnson 25hp 3cylinder. The sticker on the motor says QL82C. The Johnson spark plug guide says QL86C. Is there a difference and which one should I use?

This is a different question. Maybe you can help. A month ago my motor would get hot and quit but would start again when it cooled down. I found what looks like a little fuel line there's 3 of them. Possibly one for each cylinder Maybe? Anyway the middle one was off I put it back on and took it out last weekend and it ran great. Went out tonight and it happened again. It was near dark so I couldn't even find 2 try and get it back on. I let it cool down and I got it going and got to the launch. I'm going to look at it tomorrow and maybe cut the tip of it off and then try to get it back on. It's really small and not much room. Maybe you no what the line is and why it keeps coming off?

They are oil recirculation lines.----Common for issues after a overheat / and time.-----Replace all 3.-----Replace 1 at a time as manual does not show the way they go.-------You have installed a new impeller and checked thermostat ?

Last edited:
The recirc lines being off will not make it run hot or quit. They make a mess under cowl or cause lean spit but wont make it get hot...thats impeller. If you ran it till it stopped and hot pistons likely have scuffing from seizure.

There was lots of water coming out . Good steady stream. When I had that line on last weekend it worked awesome. Had it out for 4 hours. I ended up knocking another one of today try 2 get the other one on. I'm going to have to take the power pack off 2 get at it now. I didn't have a small enough socket today. Have to borrow one.

Just because water coming out indicator does not mean it cooling. A missing or stuck t-stat can cause it to run hot

Ok thx alot. I no were you mean. I can't get the thermostat until Friday maybe Monday. What's the best way to take it off a wrench or socket? I'm paranoid about breaking it now lol.

They are oil recirculation lines.----Common for issues after a overheat / and time.-----Replace all 3.-----Replace 1 at a time as manual does not show the way they go.-------You have installed a new impeller and checked thermostat ?

I was wondering if you can help me out? I changed the thermostat but I'm sure its the impeller because it gets hot and then I turn the throttle up a bit and it cools right off. I got the nut separated behind the Finns. I have the six bolts out 3 on each side. I can get the lower unit to slide down about a foot but that's it . It stops and I can't get the lower unit to come off. What am I doing wrong?

Hey I was wondering if you can help me out. I changed the thermostat but I think it's the impeller because it gets hot then I turn the throttle up a bit and it cools right off. I have the nut separated behind the Finns. I have the six bolts out 3 on each side. The lower unit slides down about a foot then stops. I can't get it to come right off. What am I doing wrong?

Back