Logo

2011 225hp honda

Crocodile

im at 446 hrs. put new plug in after engine light come on after starting about a minute. i took the thermostats out waiting on news ones but light was coming on before.the motor will still run tho,,what can i do. you start it ,after a minute engine do a slight surge then engine light comes on..but it still rev up

Last edited:
I don’t know if Honda’s are like Suzuki’s but if you have a week battery or poor electrical connections you will get all kinds of crazy alarms and warnings. Just a thought.

I don’t know if Honda’s are like Suzuki’s but if you have a week battery or poor electrical connections you will get all kinds of crazy alarms and warnings. Just a thought.

i did a check by crossing the black and lime green wire . the code i got was one light flashing 3 seconds apart which said by chart is an 02 sensor

There you go. O2 sensors, new type, fail.far too frequently. I end up replacing twice a year on each engine. It is best to change vecause fuel consumption goes way up, 4 to 5 litres per hour...

There you go. O2 sensors, new type, fail.far too frequently. I end up replacing twice a year on each engine. It is best to change vecause fuel consumption goes way up, 4 to 5 litres per hour...

i cleaned map sensor and ran another code check i got one red flashing light 3 seconds apart which should be 02 sensor ..a thank you Mr. Blacktimes and everyone else i appreciate you guys

No problem. I tried cleaning O2´s in the past and no joy. Don´t buy cheap Chinese on the internet, Aliexpress, etc, they do not work, I learnt that the hard way. There is a new Honda approved P/N 06356-ZY3-307, cheaper that the base P/N 35655-ZY3-C01, available on Boats.net and they are fine.

Back