Logo

Honda BF115d alarm beeping

baggeriii

I have a 2018 Honda BF115d that started beeping at the control panel while running. There are no indicator lights on other than the green oil pressure light. The beeping starts as soon as i fire up the engine. It seems to run fine other than the steady beeping. i looked up how to short the service plug to get flash codes. I get 1 long flash followed by 4 short flashes. I have looked online but I seem to be unable to find a code list. Does anybody know what this code is related to? I have cleared it but the beeping comes back when I start the engine.

Hi,
I don't have the correct info for your outboard but I do see a code 14 on the BF 200 A outboard code list. It indicates a problem with the IAC valve. Not sure if this applies to your engine but you could take a look at the intake/throttle body area for loose wires or connector. HTH.

Thanks jgmo. I was looking at connections previously and didn't see anything dangling but I will go through and do some connector reseating tomorrow to see if it helps. I did order a shop manual which i hope is helpful for identifying the various sensor connections. I did also notice there are really no scan tools out there for Honda boat motors. I saw one call Dr. H but I am not sure if that place is still in business since a chunk of their website doesn't work.

I have a Dr. H that works very well but I received it some years ago (2011?) so not sure if it would work on your later model outboard.

Having the service manual is going to help you big time because you should then have the wiring diagrams and, hopefully, the applicable code list.

Also, I remember reading recently about a "scan tool" (a program on a computee drive) that was for Honda motorcycles but had been used to diagnose outboards. I just can't recall what they were calling it. It might be something you could track down and look into.

Good luck.

Back