Logo

Suzuki df20a water in fuel

outback32

Regular Contributor
I didn't get any warning lights or buzzers on the lake. The motor just coughed and died wouldn't start. I looked at it and found water in the fuel. I drained the blue canister the fuel lines run to. Drained the fuel tank and started over with fresh gas. The engine still won't start it just cranks like it's not getting fire. What else do I need to look at since water made it into the fuel system. Thanks

Drain carburetor or VST(if fuel injection) Back in the day we used to add methyl hydrate to the fuel. With today’s carburetor I would use a product like Seafoam or something similar, read the label and make sure it’s safe for todays carburetors mainly orings, also on the label look for good for water/moisture. There is a scientific name but in a nutshell the product will allow the water the “burn”. If you live in a northern climate look for gas line antifreeze. Replace all fuel filters that have been contaminated with water.

Drain carburetor or VST(if fuel injection) Back in the day we used to add methyl hydrate to the fuel. With today’s carburetor I would use a product like Seafoam or something similar, read the label and make sure it’s safe for todays carburetors mainly orings, also on the label look for good for water/moisture. There is a scientific name but in a nutshell the product will allow the water the “burn”. If you live in a northern climate look for gas line antifreeze. Replace all fuel filters that have been contaminated with water.
It's a 4 stroke IL look at the vst

Back